2016 Favorite Songs, Pt. 1 December 23, 2016Posted by reidmix in 4AD, Best of 2016, Captured Tracks, Carpark, Cover, Free MP3, Heartworm, Hit City U.S.A., Indie, labrador, Lists, Music, New Releases.
add a comment
I present to you Part One of my favorites songs of the year and consequently, for obvious reasons, my most played songs this year. I’ve left out songs from my favorite albums to give everything a good mix, plus you’re going to hear of those songs anyway. Offered in a plays-well-together order, count-down for purely dramatic effect.
16. This hidden shoegaze gem by Tanukichan. Lush-lovers take note.
17. “Strange love is coming in over me” by Low Hum take on post/surf-punk.
18. One of the rare beauties on a fairly mediocre album by Wild Nothing. I really tried Jack!
19. This devastating bit of lyrical wordplay on Daughter‘s glorious Not to Disappear. Think of the gloomier older sister to The xx.
20. Cold Cave covers New Order with nearly Cure-like instrumentals while channelling Ian Curtis vocals.
21. C Duncan covers Cocteau Twins with floaty acoustical flair. Hail to the Scots.
22. The Radio Dept. doing their thing on their latest Running Out of Love.
23. TV Girl digging up the beats and melancholy perspectives of relationships and how they break up.
Find these songs on my Spotify playlist.
Next up is my favorites 9 – 15.
2013 Top EPs and Singles January 4, 2014Posted by reidmix in Album Reviews, Best of 2013, Captured Tracks, Carpark, Labels, Lists, Music, Polyvinyl.
Tags: Beck, best of, Kishi Bashi, mutual benefit, Painted Palms, soundcloud, TEEN, Wild Nothing, youtube
add a comment
Here are my favorite EPs in 2013 and probably tops my list over the LPs. I’m returning by keeping it simple.
So without further ado, in no particular order: