2016 Favorite Songs, Pt. 3 December 28, 2016Posted by reidmix in Best of 2016, Carpark, Cover, Domino, Fire, Free MP3, Grand Jury, Indie, Light in the Attic, London London, Music, New Releases, Song Reviews.
I present to you Part Three (Part One and Part Two here) of my favorites songs of the year and consequently, for obvious reasons, my most played songs this year. I’ve left out songs from my favorite albums to give everything a good mix, plus you’re going to hear of those songs anyway. Offered in a plays-well-together order, count-down for purely dramatic effect.
1. I listened to this Dirty Projectors every morning and night for weeks on end. So heart breaking that little sample “we don’t see eye to eye” is the crack in David Longstreth and Amber Coffman‘s relationship come apart… and then she comes out with her song 2 weeks later.
2. David Bowie is a Blackstar. RIP
3. Who knew that the Animal Collective would have another lovely moment in them, this time through Deakin‘s cassette.
4. Oh the 90s angst of the great women of rock, Mothers pay it forward.
5. Jherek Bischoff & Amanda Palmer tributes to David Bowie after his death. Its another universe Bowie, perfectly different.
6. How could I not love His Name Is Alive?
7. I have the previous HNIA song along this Virginia Wing in a playlist and inexplicably they seem to go together.
8. It’s nice to see TEEN get a fritzed out over their newly R&B vocals.
Find these songs on my Spotify playlist.
Next up, Best Albums of 2016.